Indulgent in Modern Backgrounds Luster fabrics
So this pattern came about because I had a layer cake of Modern Backgrounds Luster that I tried to destash THREE TIMES and it didn't sell. I finally decided to write a pattern that was fast, easy, and would use both layer cakes and fat quarters. This quick project was the result. I sewed the top in a day! The large blocks are super simple to piece and work great with both large and small scale prints - this version uses small scale metallic fabrics and the quilting really pops!
So go ahead - indulge yourself in a quick project, just for you!
Showcase large-scale prints and quilting with this modern, ultra-quick sew!
- Layer cake, fat quarter, and fat eighth friendly pattern
- Large, simple blocks that are fast to piece
- Easy introduction to on-point piecing!
Finished size: 69" x 87"
Skill level: Confident beginner
- Print - 1 layer cake -OR- 9 fat quarters -OR- 18 fat eighths
- Background - 4 1/4 yards
- Binding (assumes 2.5" strips) - 3/4 yard
- Backing (4" extra on all sides) - 5 1/2 yards