BeckyJo Mini in teal and pink fabrics
I can't believe I never actually blogged about this one - if BeckyJo launched the RebaLeigh ship, then the BeckyJo mini was the tugboat that brought her out to sea. (Does that metaphor go too far? Maybe. But it works in my head so let's roll with it.)
I hosted a fun little Instagram promo that offered a gift card to my new shop for anyone who made a BeckyJo mini and shared a photo. Soon, I had a handful of bright little blocks in my feed! I was so, so happy that even one other stranger would make something I designed. Those pictures still make me happy.
BeckyJo mini was a chance for everyone to get a feel for a RebaLeigh pattern and try out the construction of the larger BeckyJo quilt for a few bucks. And at 12" without the borders, this little block can be made into whatever your creative mind comes up with!
I ended up giving my mini away as a gift to our lactation consultant who helped us immensely with our first born. Ironically....her name was Becky as well! Nothing but smiles and warm fuzzies when I think of this block.
A sweet and fun classic 12" block becomes a stand-alone mini quilt!
- Uses only six 5" x 5" charm squares, a perfect scrap buster
- Try out the construction pattern for the large BeckyJo quilt
- Simplified star middle to further reduce bulk in the mini version
Finished size: 16.5" x 16.5" (includes borders, with room for trimming)
Skill level: Intermediate (due to small size of triangles)
- Print - Six 5" x 5" charm squares
- Background - Fat quarter or 1/4 yard
- Binding (assumes 2.5" strips) - 1/4 yard
- Backing (4" extra on all sides) - 2/3 yard